Filtrating of drinking water for homes was not heard of perhaps three or four decades back. Today it is no longer a choice but is becoming a big necessity. This is because of several reasons. First and foremost, the levels of water in the ground has gone down. Further, there is rampant and wrong use of chemicals, fertilizers, insecticides, and pesticides in our farms and also in our homes. All these are leading to a situation where the quality of groundwater, river water, lake water and water in ponds and other water bodies are becoming polluted. Further, in many cities, the waste disposal systems and management of septic tanks and pipes are also very poor. All these are leading to an overall degradation of the water supply sources across the board, and this includes urban and rural areas. Hence, these days, Lead water filters are considered as essential investments. But like all things in life, there are both pros and cons associated with water filters and it would be interesting for us to know about the same over the next few lines.
Advantages of Water Filtration
- They are simple and straight forward to use. Technology has moved on and today we have the best of reverse osmosis filtration systems. These ensure the removal of almost all types of impurities from water including the worst forms of bacteria and microorganisms.
- They filter completely. Do your research and buy the right water filtration systems. You can be sure that you will have reasons to feel happy about the purity and quality of water.
- The overall taste and odor of water will improve. Impure water has a bad taste and odor and for many, it is simply not potable. But all this could change when you decide to invest in the right water filter having the right filtration systems in place. It could go a long way in improving the taste of water apart from making it better in terms of purity and other such aspects.
- It will prevent diseases and illnesses. Impure water is one of the main reasons for various types of illnesses and therefore a good water filtration could ensure that the entire family remains free from such problems.
Disadvantages Of Water Filtration
- In spite of using the best of water filtration systems, you cannot be sure that it will be able to filter all types of impurities. Very small particles can still manage to pass through the finest of water membranes and this could lead to problems, health challenges, and diseases. Therefore, you cannot expect water filtration systems to be completely foolproof.
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of the water filters are a must. This is because contaminants get deposited in the equipment and unless it is cleaned it could become a source of infection and illness.
- The cartridges must be disposed of off once the water softening process is over. This would mean regular replacement of the cartridges. We need to bear in mind that these cartridges have harmful toxins that get accumulated as a part of the filtration process. They should also be disposed of scientifically failing which they could become a source of water contaminant in the medium and long run.