So, is this pandemic and work from home life bringing a lot of pain in your life? Or are you suffering from back pain? Is your back pain hindering your daily routine? If so, then maybe you need a back pain specialist! Also, if you are tired of this back pain, then you’re at the right place. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the key points that you need to consider before going to a back pain specialist in Oklahoma City.
Things you need to know before visiting a back pain specialist
Crippling back pain is not a joke. Almost 80% of people experience it at some point in their life and it’s one of the main concerns in today’s world. Moreover, the back pain can range from a dull, annoying and mild ache to severe, disabling and persistent pain.
We understand, it’s not only painful but it also hinders movement and interferes in our routine life. Also, it degrades the quality of our life. Besides, the pain can enter your body out of nowhere, it can be acute or short-lived, or it can be chronic and can even last for days, weeks, months and even years. Further, we have jotted down the symptoms of back pain, so that you can clearly understand when you need a back pain specialist.
What are the Symptoms of Back Pain?
Here are some of the common symptoms of back pain. In case you are experiencing any of these symptoms, then you should visit your doctor.
- Burning, sharp and dull pain in your back. It might pain at a single area or it can also pain over a large area.
- Achiness or stiffness that happens anywhere in your spine. Be it at any place from the neck to tailbone.
- Shooting, sharp pain that diffuses your buttocks or lower back, in the backside of your thigh or into your toes and calf.
- Continuous ache or pain in the lower or middle part of your back. Most specifically, when you stand or sit for a long period.
- Shoulder pain
- Deadly pains or dull aches around your neck.
These are the symptoms that you shouldn’t ignore at all. In case, you’re showing all these or any of these symptoms, then contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Weakness in your legs.
- Bowel control and loss of bladder.
- Severe neck or back pain that doesn’t go away even after medicating or resting.
- Pain after a fall or an injury.
- Numbness, weakness or tingling pain in your arms or legs
- Sudden weight loss.
If you are suffering from any of these, then you can visit your doctor. He/she might perform various tests to know what’s wrong. Such as:
X-Ray: It makes use of undetectable beams of electromagnetic energy to get images of the Internal bones, tissues and organs.
MRI or Magnetic Resonance Imaging: This process makes use of radio-frequency, huge magnets, and a computer to generate detailed pictures of structures and organs of your body. It also produces images of soft tissues like tendons, ligaments or blood vessels. It checks for any tumour, infection, inflammation or pressure on the nerves.
Blood Tests: They are undertaken to diagnose arthritis, which is a condition that can lead to back pain.
So, that’s all from our side! We have mentioned the things that you need to consider before going to a chiropractor and acupuncture in Oklahoma City. We hope that you stay healthy and well.
Elledge Chiropractic & Acupuncture Also Offers Following Services :
Elledge Chiropractic & Acupuncture Address: 5715 N Western Ave #B Oklahoma City, OK Phone: (405) 858-2225